Why this workshop?
Who should attend?
What will I get out of the workshop?
What are the benefits to me as an individual?
What are the benefits to my organization?
Is The Leadership Challenge a solid model?
What are the advantages of this online workshop?
What is the workshop format?
How does this online workshop compare to other modes of delivery?
What materials will I get?
Who are the facilitators/coaches?
What is the workshop schedule?
What does it cost?
How do I sign up?
Do you have a guarantee?
I have some more questions – who can I contact?
Why this workshop? top
Leadership is everyone’s business. Every organization needs to be “leaderfull” – that means having people at all levels stepping up to achieve organizational objectives. Today’s competitive, fast-paced world requires leaders who achieve extraordinary results by building strong teams that get the job done. This workshop will help you become a stronger leader. You will:
- LEARN TO BE A BETTER LEADER in an on-going learning community
- IMPROVE FOCUS, ENERGY, AND PRODUCTIVITY in your organization
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY – no travel expense or time away from the office
- ATTEND FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
- GET ONE-ON-ONE COACHING from a Certified Master Facilitator
Who should attend? top
Anyone who is interested in becoming a better leader. First time supervisors and experienced managers/executives from the private sector, government, and non-profit organizations have all benefitted from this program.
What are the benefits to me as an individual? top
- Uses time better – components are both synchronous and asynchronous
- Can participate from anywhere in the world
- Training is “stickier” due to follow-up support
- Be part of an on-going learning community
- Expert and peer coaching
- Opportunity to practice what is being learned
- Improved morale and productivity
- Can contribute to and draw on a knowledge base specific to their organization
What are the benefits to my organization? top
- TLCW-OL turns the workshop event into an on-going, three month-long, extended
- Creates a learning community and engages them in long term dialogue and growth
- Makes training “stickier”
- Enhances and accelerates moving from ideas to actions
- Provides on-going support and coaching
- Provides an easy way for executives to “plug-into” the developmental process
- Eliminates need to physically re-gather the class for follow-ups
- Provides a way to collect ideas and build a knowledge base specific to that organization
- Offers useful data collection for management such as tracking effectiveness
- Is cost-effective and improves ROI on training investment
- Ask us about our volume discounts and reduced fees for government and not-for-profits
Is The Leadership Challenge a solid model? top
Yes, over the last 25 years it has become the most deeply researched leadership model that is used in over 30 countries. Links to “About TLC”, “The Five Practices”, “TLC Background”, and ”TLC Authors” pages and Wiley TLC site
What are the advantages of this online workshop? top
- Learning is often treated as an event and not as a process
- Learning falls off dramatically when there is no follow-up
- People leave workshops energized and then, back on the job, quickly feel unsupported
in the new ideas they have learned
- Client and participants largely left on their own after workshop
- The community created in a two-day workshop seldom lasts
- Executives typically disconnected from the learning process
- Not cost-effective to gather class for follow-up sessions
- No way to collect and organize experiences and knowledge
- No way to collect on-going data
What is the workshop format? top
The program occurs in a dedicated, customized, private, password protected website with content delivery occurring once a week over eight weeks and then the learning and support community extending on for four weeks thereafter for a total of three months. This design allows you to learn the elements of effective leadership a “chunk” at a time, apply what you have learned in the real world, and get support as you try new ideas out. Further, you will be part of an exclusive learning community where you can bounce ideas around, gain from others’ experiences, and get help in problem-solving.
- Pre-work includes LPI, Personal Best, Work Challenge
- 8 synchronous online sessions over eight weeks delivered by Certified Master Facilitators–
these sessions are taped so they can be reviewed later.
- Live chat room dialogue within each class
- Between sessions participants have homework, small group activities, access to each other, and to the instructor for support and coaching
The virtual campus includes:
- Class HQ – like a campus building where students can study, gather, and share resources
- Forum – discussion board – a place for open group dialogue
- Blog – a place for the facilitator and participants to comment individually
- Coaching – two, 1/2 hr. one-on-one coaching sessions with a Certified Master Facilitator
are included. More sessions can be arranged if desired.
- Idea Bank – save ideas and experiences in a searchable database
- Resources – easy access to videos, articles, hyperlinks, etc.
- On-going Learning Community – the participants interact long after the content sessions
How does this online workshop compare to other modes of delivery? top
Very well. This online workshop doesn’t replace any other mode of TLC delivery. Each mode has its purpose and each is designed to fit a different set of needs.
What materials will I get? top
You will need:
- Computer – If you can access the web, you can come to class.
- A desire to be a more effective leader.
- An open mind, curiosity about yourself and others, a sense of humor.
You Will Receive:
- The LPI (Leadership Practices Inventory) – a 360-degree leadership assessment instrument.
- The Leadership Challenge® (4th Edition) book
- The Leadership Challenge® Workshop, Participant Workbook
- The Leadership Challenge® Vision Book
- The Leadership Challenge® Values Cards
- Access to The Leadership Challenge® Online Workshop Idea Bank
(unique to each class or organization)
- The Leadership Challenge® Workshop Online Action Guide Resources
- Via your Class HQ: easy access to videos, articles, hyperlinks, etc.
- Plenty to think about, plenty to laugh about..
Who are the facilitators/coaches? top
Beth High and Charles St.John are both TLC Certified Master Facilitators with many years experience in leading programs and serving as coaches. Link to “About Us” page
What is the workshop schedule? top
- Prior to start – Complete LPI, custom profile, workshop pre-work
- Week 1 – Study Group Meet and Greet
- Week 2 – Orienteering
- Week 3 – Model the Way
- Week 4 – Inspire a Shared Vision
- Week 5 – Challenge the Process
- Week 6 – Enable Others to Act
- Week 7 – Encourage the Heart/Committing
- Week 8 – Committing/Celebration
- 30 days later – Community check-in
What does it cost? top
Fees are based on number of participants and the amount of tailoring required. We offer special discount rates for non-profits and government agencies. Contact us and we will be happy to prepare a proposal and quote for you.
How do I sign up? top
Link to Contact Us
Do you have a guarantee? top
Yes, our Guarantee is: If you are not entirely satisfied with the program after two sessions, you may return your materials and we will refund your fees in full. Our goal is for you to have a superior leadership development experience, period.
I have some more questions – who can I contact? top
Link to Contact Us